Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Son's Recognition Day 2010



Last Sunday, March 28, 2010, We attended the Recognition Day of my son Paolo, who just completed 1st year of HS, at Bataan Montessori School. His cousins Joanne and Paulette tagged along. Paolo received three medals, namely, Excellence in Math, Computer Literacy, and an honor medal being one of the top 10 pupils in the special class.
The ceremonies were soooo long, that we left as soon as Paolo got his medals.
On that same day, my cousin Jaime (owner of JAD Farmville), threw a party for his brother Boyet, who just turned 50. (Boyet is mentally challenged since birth) We were a bit late because of the Recognition Rites, but there's still so much food to eat. Lucky me I don't have to spend for Paolo's blowout. Hahahaha!
I commend Jaime and wife Yna for having Boyet on the limelight after 50 years. Since the death of Auntie Letty (1996?), the couple have continued to take care of him. Boyet had already outlived more than 4 times the Doctors' estimate of his lifetime which is 11 years.
It was good to see many relatives and friends. As usual, I was persuaded to take a few drinks. It was indeed a busy weekend last week. I was not able to do my usual weekend chores(a long stay in the farm, some workshop jobs and help in my wife's small cafe' business).

No comments:

Post a Comment