Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jesus' Face in Brunei?

Greetings! Here I am again. As Lenten reflection, I cant help but share to you what I posted last year in Facebook. I will just paste it here...


About more than 2 years ago, when I was just learning the wonders of Google earth, I became curious about how big and opulent are the mansions and palaces of the richest families of the world. So, while I was scanning the palaces of King Bolkiah of Brunei Darussalam, I chanced upon this weird ground formation, which is just about 4 km south of the Brunei International Airport.
I was stunned, for I instantly recognized the Face of Jesus Christ! The bushes are so arranged to form what resembles as the hair, beard, and shadows. The terrain somehow was shaped to form the contours of the face. Is this man-made? I tried to search in the internet but there is no such place in Brunei. And why would a predominantly Muslim country be inclined to do this? What does this mean? Is this a message from God? I tried many times until now to reopen the site, it is still there... Just to make sure I am not going crazy or something, please try looking for it at Google Earth yourselves...the coordinates are:
4 deg 54’ N Latitude; 114 deg 56’E Longitude
If you are not used to this, at the search tab, under ‘fly to’, try typing “Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam”, then look for the airport, then scan southwards about 4 kms, and on the eastern side of a river that flows southwards from the airport, you’ll find the “face” within a circulating loop road, all the more making the ‘face’ more radiant.
Advanced Happy Easter to Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I just checked the google site, the satellite image has been updated...the face is gone, for reasons I dont know...But the image was really there, a lot of friends checked it and confirmed it....maybe, there was earth movement of some sort, or maybe some guy from google earth made a joke 2 years ago by editing the photo and pasting the face there, we really wouldn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Hwarang Gimo, I'm afraid you've been left behind by your comrades. They all suffered annihilation from the swords of the mighty Jedis. Those who escaped fell into the blades of the Samurai Warriors. You've been sleeping in your dug-out in the 11th century when the holocaust happened. That saved you. Your mission is to revive this lost warrior group or at least in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar: Let me tell you a secret...I am not really good at fighting, but I am good at playing dead, so I was placed in a coffin alive!...good thing you invented the graveyard shift you rescued me out of exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete